Gujarat State Legal Services Authority
:: Proposed Activities ::
- Making of small documentary films relating to various aspects for distributing through District Legal Services Authorities and NGOs;
- Training Programme for the designated Juvenile/ Child Welfare Officers attached to the Police Station and the Members of the Special Juvenile Unit.
- Publication of small booklets and leaflets regarding various legal topics in regional language for distribution for the public at large
- Training (40 hours) on Techniques of Mediation to Advocates of the Districts of Vadodara and Surat of the State through Mediation & Conciliation Project Committee, Supreme Court of India, with view to strengthen the panels of Trained Mediators. Further, one such Training Programme for the Lady Advocates of City Civil Court, Ahmedabad as well as for the Learned Advocates of the Hon'ble High Court of Gujarat is under consideration.
- Holding of maximum Legal Literacy Camps through Mobile Van in the remote and tribal areas of the State.
- Sensitizing the Chairman and Members of the Juvenile Justice Boards regarding difficulties of Juveniles in conflicts with law and in need of protection.
- Holding of Seminars, Workshops for betterment of children as enunciated in the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 and its Rules.
- Organizing Legal Literacy Camps in slum areas or tribal areas for creation of awareness regarding children's rights.
- To organize maximum number of Pre-litigation Lok Adalats in various places of the State so that the flow of litigation could be stopped.
- To organize Symposium at each district places on the subject of Environment and Sustainable Development.